Monroe Woodbury Real Estate
Entering the village of Monroe on route 17M, a road known by many who have traveled to the Catskills resorts, there is a sign next to a pond that announces, "Welcome to Monroe, The Lake Region."
Four big lakes and many ponds are surrounded by open spaces. In this setting, a recent Grand Union supermarket opening rated as an exciting moment.
"I feel the highlights of the town are that the Appalachian Trail passes through it and we abut Harriman State Park," Town Supervisor Mike Frerichs said.
"I'm five minutes away from the trail and I can go snowshoeing, fishing, canoeing and hiking.
"The town has an interesting mix of suburban and rural. We're right on the edge of the rural Catskills and we live close enough to a major metropolitan area with all the benefits it offers."
Home hunters might find a historical house built 200 years ago or a new split-level home developed on one of the recently created cul-de-sacs cut into lush woods. And then there are luxurious lakefront homes ranging from $400,000 to $900,000.
Deidre Carter has just moved moving to Monroe with her husband, Melvin, and their children after living in Brooklyn most of their lives. "We have three young children ages 7, 3 and 2," she said. "We wanted to provide them with a better environment. I did research on different areas and we were concerned about the schools.
"When we looked at Monroe we liked it. It seems like a quiet town -- someplace I'd like to raise my children. We bought an 83-year-old, one-family frame house. I feel you get more for your money living in Monroe as compared to Brooklyn. My husband is a New York City detective, and he's not worried about the commute."
Monroe Woodbury Real Estate Properties
- Monroe Woodbury Real Estate
- Blooming Grove Real Estate
- Bloomingburg Real Estate
- Cornwall On Hudson Real Estate
- Cornwall Real Estate Buyorsellinny.com
- Emerald Green Lake Community Real Estate For Sale NY
- Forestburgh Real Estate
- Goshen NY Homes for Sale Real Estate
- Greenville NY Real Estate
- Greenwood Lake Homes For Sale NY Real Estate
- Lake Louise Marie Lake Community Homes For Sale NY
- Mamakating NY Real Estate
- Marlboro Real Estate
- Maybrook Real Estate
- Meadow Hill Homes For Sale Real Estate
- Middletown BuyorsellinNY.Com Real Estate10940, 10941
- Minisink NY Real Estate
- Montgomery Real Estate Buyorsellinny.com
- Mt Hope NY Real Estate
- Neversink NY Real Estate
- New Windsor Real Estate
- Newburgh Homes for sale Real Estate
- Orange County NY Homes and Real Estate
- Otisville Real Estate Buyorsellinny.com
- Pine Bush Real Estate
- Port Jervis Real Estate
- Rental Properties Orange County Ny Real Estate
- Rock Hill Real Estate
- Town of Wallkill Real Estate BuyorsellinNY.com
- Ulster County Real Estate
- Upstate NY Real Estate
- Wawayanda Real Estate
- Westbrookville NY Real Estate for Sale
- Westchester Homes for sale Real Estate
The source of the displayed data is either the property owner or public record provided by non-governmental third parties. It is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc.