Monroe Woodbury Real Estate

Entering the village of Monroe on route 17M, a road known by many who have traveled to the Catskills resorts, there is a sign next to a pond that announces, "Welcome to Monroe, The Lake Region."

Four big lakes and many ponds are surrounded by open spaces. In this setting, a recent Grand Union supermarket opening rated as an exciting moment.

"I feel the highlights of the town are that the Appalachian Trail passes through it and we abut Harriman State Park," Town Supervisor Mike Frerichs said.

"I'm five minutes away from the trail and I can go snowshoeing, fishing, canoeing and hiking.

"The town has an interesting mix of suburban and rural. We're right on the edge of the rural Catskills and we live close enough to a major metropolitan area with all the benefits it offers."

Home hunters might find a historical house built 200 years ago or a new split-level home developed on one of the recently created cul-de-sacs cut into lush woods. And then there are luxurious lakefront homes ranging from $400,000 to $900,000.

Deidre Carter has just moved moving to Monroe with her husband, Melvin, and their children after living in Brooklyn most of their lives. "We have three young children ages 7, 3 and 2," she said. "We wanted to provide them with a better environment. I did research on different areas and we were concerned about the schools.

"When we looked at Monroe we liked it. It seems like a quiet town -- someplace I'd like to raise my children. We bought an 83-year-old, one-family frame house. I feel you get more for your money living in Monroe as compared to Brooklyn. My husband is a New York City detective, and he's not worried about the commute."

Search Monroe Woodbury Real Estate Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property 5120070
$335,000
Monroe, NY
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of BHG Rand Realty
Featured picture for the property 5118910
$219,000
Monroe, NY
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of BHG Rand Realty
Featured picture for the property 5119834
$299,900
Monroe, NY
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of ARC Realty 1 in Sales
Featured picture for the property 5120026
$424,000
Central Valley, NY
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Estate Homes
Featured picture for the property 5119843
$429,000
Monroe, NY
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Coldwell Banker Res Brokerage
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service.

Copyright 2019 Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service. All Rights Reserved.

Data is updated as of Nov 15, 2019 5:45:am

All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed, and should be independently verified.

Today's Market Trends for Monroe Woodbury Real Estate *

$392,470

-0.01%

$178

-0.01%

-0.09%

October

September

-0.01%

0.02%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable